LOCATION: Wingate by Wyndham, 108 IH 35 N., San Marcos, TX; 512-754-6469
Saturday, March 5, 2022
Parenteral Conscious Sedation Permit Renewal Course & ACLS Renewal - San Marcos
Course Summary: This continuing education program satisfies Rule 110 by the Texas State Board of Dental Examiners, and other state dental boards, requiring that all practitioners, in order to keep their Parenteral Sedation permit current, document successful completion of a continuing education course every two years. NOTE: You must be current in ACLS and you must complete an online component prior to the live program. The ACLS course prerequisite consists of completing the AHA online component prior to the course. Applicants will be given an access code, once they sign up for the program. Registrations received less than one week prior to the program will not be accepted without the course director approval.
>Dental Anesthesiologist (Certificate- 2 year residency in General Anesthesia)
>Private practice-Diversified Anesthesia for Dentistry providing office based anesthesia services (37 years)
>Former Professor-Anesthesia, AEGD Residency Veterans Administration Hospital
>Advisory Board, Collin County College School of Dental Hygiene
>Former Consultant and Anesthesia Provider, Department of Aging and Disability Services, State of Texas (institutionalized mentally handicapped)
>Fellow in General Anesthesia, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
>Diplomate, American Dental Board of Anesthesiology
>Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology; Certified and Registered Hypnotherapist
>Continuing Education to medical and dental practitioners and staff
>Over 37 years as an anesthesia educator and director of numerous educational programs and teaching at all levels
Course Topics and Objectives:
· Recognize and initiate early management of conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome.
· Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating AED use.
· Manage cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation, termination of resuscitation, or transfer of care.
· Identify and treat ischemic chest pain and expedite the care of patients with acute coronary syndromes
· Recognize other life-threatening clinical situations, such as stroke, and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death.
· Demonstrate effective communication as a member of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance.
· Explain why the foundation of successful resuscitations includes both mastery of basic skills and effective team dynamics
· Describe the important elements of effective resuscitation team dynamics
· Describe the clinical situations in which the following airway adjuncts may be used for airway management: oropharyngeal airway, nasopharyngeal airway, bag-mask ventilation, advanced airway
· Recognize a patient who may be in Ventricular Fibrillation
· Perform defibrillation with minimal interruption of chest compressions
· Coordinate team functions while ensuring continuous high-quality CPR, defibrillation, and rhythm assessment
· Assign team functions and monitor CPR
· Discuss the circumstances when resuscitation should not be initiated
· Recall that survival from asystole is poor and that asystole may represent an agonal end-stage rhythm
· Recall the correct dosage and timing of administration for epinephrine, vasopressin, and atropine in cardiac arrest
· Assign team member roles and monitor performance
· Discuss the differential diagnosis of life-threatening chest discomfort
· Recognize symptomatic bradycardia and recall its signs, symptoms, causes, and treatment
· Determine whether signs and symptoms are caused by bradycardia or by another condition
· Demonstrate safe and effective cardioversion
· How to perform an initial patient assessment that can identify symptoms due to a stable tachycardia
How to identify sinus tachycardia and understand that treatment involves identification of an underlying cause
Date: 1-day course on Saturday, March 5, 2022
Time: 7:30 am to 5:00 pm: Presentation
Location: Wingate by Wyndham, 108 IH 35 N.,
San Marcos, TX; 512-754-6469 (1 day Parenteral permit hours available each day –
Friday or Saturday); 16 lecture hours (2 days)
(1 day Parenteral permit hours available each day – Friday or Saturday); 16 lecture hours (2 days)
Course Fee: $1,000 2-day course for Dentists; Level 3-4 Renewal 1-day course tuition is $600; $675 (ACLS, 1 day)
AGD Codes: 341 Anesthesia & Pain Control; 342 Conscious Sedation
Continental breakfast & lunch provided
Three ways to register: Call us at 214-384-0796 (Parenteral-ACLS Renewal San Marcos: March 5, 2022); e-mail, or mail to AESF, 14742 FM 981; Blue Ridge, Texas 75424
( ) 1-day program on Friday ( ) 2-day program on Friday & Saturday
City_________________________________ State____________ Zip Code_______________
#_________________________ Fee Paid _______
Credit Card #: _____________________________ Exp Date: _______ Secure Code _____
Degree(s)_________ Specialty ___________ E-mail address:_________________________
Call us at 1-214-384-0796 to register.
Registration form mailing
14742 FM 981; Blue Ridge, Texas 75424
REGISTRATION CANCELLATION: If you contact us by phone (214-384-0796) or by e-mail (email@example.com) within 48 hours prior to the commencement of this course, you will receive a complete refund of the course tuition. If you fail to contact us by the commencement of the course and you do not attend the course, you will forfeit all of your tuition for this program. If you contact us within the 48 hour window before a course, the paid tuition will be applied to a future course, but no cash refund will be made.
CE credits provided by the Anesthesia Education and Safety Foundation, Inc., an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. Provider ID# 217924.
Anesthesia Education & Safety Foundation, Inc.
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2018 to 7/31/2022
Provider ID# 217924.