LOCATION: Wingate by Wyndham, 108 IH 35 N., San Marcos, TX; 512-754-6469
Saturday, October 8, 2022
PALS Permit Renewal – Level 2 Permit Renewal Program – San Marcos
Course Summary: Pediatric Advanced Life Support
(PALS) is required for level 2 permit holders who sedate children, 12 years of
age or under. This program follows the 2010 AHA Guidelines and is designed to
prepare the healthcare provider to manage emergencies in the pediatric
population. The dental office is a unique environment consequently this
program addresses specific issues related to this, especially with the
sedated patient. Contents include, but are not limited to, airway assessment
and management, applied pharmacology, physical assessment, and management of
various cardiac emergencies. This limited enrollment hands-on program allows
the practitioner to become the leader in management of various
emergencies. In order to take the
course, participants must
be current in PALS and have a Level 2 permit.
You will need to complete an online component to meet the Level 2
criteria. The lecture and online
component will provide the necessary Level 2 CE hours. PALS materials will be sent to prepare for
the PALS component.
>Dental Anesthesiologist (Certificate- 2 year residency in General Anesthesia)
>Private practice-Diversified Anesthesia for Dentistry providing office based anesthesia services (37 years)
>Former Professor-Anesthesia, AEGD Residency Veterans Administration Hospital
>Advisory Board, Collin County College School of Dental Hygiene
>Former Consultant and Anesthesia Provider, Department of Aging and Disability Services, State of Texas (institutionalized mentally handicapped)
>Fellow in General Anesthesia, American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
>Diplomate, American Dental Board of Anesthesiology
>Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology; Certified and Registered Hypnotherapist
>Continuing Education to medical and dental practitioners and staff
>Over 37 years as an anesthesia educator and director of numerous educational programs and teaching at all levels
Course Topics and
· Recognize and initiate early management of conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome.
· Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating AED use.
· Manage cardiac arrest until return of spontaneous circulation, termination of resuscitation, or transfer of care.
· Identify and treat ischemic chest pain and expedite the care of patients with acute coronary syndromes
· Recognize other life-threatening clinical situations, such as stroke, and provide effective initial care and transfer to reduce disability and death.
· Explain why the foundation of successful resuscitations includes both mastery of basic skills and effective team dynamics
· Describe the important elements of effective resuscitation team dynamics
· Describe the clinical situations in which the following airway adjuncts may be used for airway management: oropharyngeal airway, nasopharyngeal airway, bag-mask ventilation, advanced airway
· Recognize a patient who may be in Ventricular Fibrillation
· Perform defibrillation with minimal interruption of chest compressions
· Coordinate team functions while ensuring continuous high-quality CPR, defibrillation, and rhythm assessment
· Assign team functions and monitor CPR
· Recall that survival from asystole is poor and that asystole may represent an agonal end-stage rhythm
· Recall the correct dosage and timing of administration for epinephrine, vasopressin, and atropine in cardiac arrest
· Assign team member roles and monitor performance
· Discuss the differential diagnosis of life-threatening chest discomfort
· Recognize symptomatic bradycardia and recall its signs, symptoms, causes, and treatment
· How to perform an initial patient assessment that can identify symptoms due to a stable tachycardia
· How to identify sinus tachycardia and understand that treatment involves identification of an underlying cause
Understand delineate the differences between Pediatric and Adult patients regarding life support regimens
Date: 1-day course on Saturday, October 8, 2022
Time: 7:30 am to 5:00 pm: Presentation
Location: Wingate by Wyndham, 108 IH 35 N.,
San Marcos, TX; 78666-6860; 512-754-6469 (PALS = 8 hours; 2 hours lecture, 2 hours
self-study & 4 hours participation);
(PALS = 8 hours; 2 hours lecture, 2 hours self-study & 4 hours participation);
(Level 2 = 8
hours, which includes lecture and online self-study)
Course Fee: $1,000 (1 day)
AGD Codes: 132 Anesthesia & Pain Control; 163 Conscious Sedation; 164 Oral Sedation
Continental breakfast & lunch provided
Three ways to register: Call us at 214-384-0796 (PALS-Level 2 Ren October 8, 2022), e-mail, or mail to AESF, 14742 FM 981; Blue Ridge, Texas 75424
City_________________________________ State____________ Zip Code_______________
#_________________________ Fee Paid _______
Credit Card #: _____________________________ Exp Date: _______ Secure Code _____
Degree(s)_________ Specialty ___________ E-mail address:_________________________
Call us at 1-214-384-0796 to register.
Registration form mailing
14742 FM 981; Blue Ridge, Texas 75424
REGISTRATION CANCELLATION: If you contact us by phone (214-384-0796) or by e-mail (email@example.com) within 48 hours prior to the commencement of this course, you will receive a complete refund of the course tuition. If you fail to contact us by the commencement of the course and you do not attend the course, you will forfeit all of your tuition for this program. If you contact us within the 48 hour window before a course, the paid tuition will be applied to a future course, but no cash refund will be made.
CE credits provided by the Anesthesia Education and Safety Foundation, Inc., an Approved PACE Program Provider by the Academy of General Dentistry. Provider ID# 217924.
Anesthesia Education & Safety Foundation, Inc.
Nationally Approved PACE Program Provider for FAGD/MAGD credit.
Approval does not imply acceptance by any regulatory authority or AGD endorsement.
8/1/2022 to 7/31/2026
Provider ID# 217924.